• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ecco's vs. steel wheels

fordtech

NAXJA Forum User
I have an opportunity, maybe, to get some Eccos for my 98. Question is, is it worth it? Of course they look nicer but how do they compair otherwise?

Aluminums are lighter than stock steelies (oem on 98 sport style) ?
What about width and backspace?
I have 8 steelies now, so I have backups if I bend one, plus steel bends back.
aluminum rims are tough to a point, then they break, but I dont wheel hard.

I would really like these wheels, but only 3 are good and I would want to dismount the BFG AT's off of them, again 3 known good with really low mileage. I have tracked down 1 ecco so far, and I should be able to make some money back on the tires.... just trying to deside if its worth all hassles just to get those wheels...

I got my hands on a set of Ecco's not too long ago....got a great deal....$60 for all 4 from another member on here. They're slightly scratched, but nothing I can't live with, considering what i'm about to do.

IMO...they are the best looking wheel that came from the factory. I'd say do it.

Are these wheels Eccos?

Jeep2.jpg

No, these are I believe
jeep1004.jpg

I would definitely go for the Eccos, they look so much better than the steelies. Plus, if you said you aren't going to do real hard wheeling, you don't have to worry about them. I also haven't heard of anyone really breaking these at all.

Back