• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case?

89Cherokee4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I have the command track 207 transfer case and something with it craped out on it today. I was riding some trails and the 4wd was working fine. I turned around in a tight spot to pull my buddy out and when i went to turn around to attempt the obstical the jeep stalled. I let it sit for a few minutes because it was hotter than it should be and cranked it back up to finish turning around and the my front wheels were not pulling and i was stuck in 2 wheel drive. I was in 4 lo so i shifted it 2 part time and the front wheels were still not pulling. I shifted it to 2 wheel drive and then back into 4 part time but it still did not want to pull. I decided to try 4 full time and it pulled into 4 wheel drive. I got it out of the trail and got it home and tried 4 lo and 4 part time again and it did not work and the transfer case was making a loud clicking sound. I put in 4 full time and it worked fine. I am not sure what it is but i think something might be stripped. any ideas?

Back