• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats with painting the rear quarter panels black?

lllkklkklll

NAXJA Forum User
sorry, dumb Q, but Ive seen a few XJ's with their rear quarter panels painted black up to the line below the window. Wondering what the point is? Easy to repaint after scraping or if its just for looks?

lllkklkklll said:
sorry, dumb Q, but Ive seen a few XJ's with their rear quarter panels painted black up to the line below the window. Wondering what the point is? Easy to repaint after scraping or if its just for looks?

Take a closer look to see if it quarter panel quards. Most folks get it and just paint or powder coat it black. Some actually get it painted to match thier rig.

Of course, there are soem folks out there that may just spray paint or herculine/durabak there quarters... and yes, it is easy to paint over after a rock or tree battles your quarter panel...

lllkklkklll said:
huerculine/durabak... is this some sort of heavy duty paint that will take some damage?

It's like Rhino lining a truck bed. Folks do all kinds of stuff like that, bumpers, rock rails (crazy), interiors of buggies. I know a guy that 1/2 of his XJ is herculined...:wow:

I couldn't read anymore from laughing so hard! That thread is like 13 pages but i had to stop on the second page. Post trumatic hooterus cleaning stress disorder. OMG Poor fella!

And yes...It came to this forum...And I just posted it elsewhere.

I would love to sit back and have a beer with that guy and laugh about the 6 years of popularity he has had from that story.

rpraterxj said:
I know a guy that 1/2 of his XJ is herculined...:wow:

Does this guy also have a passion for firearms?

wonder if he rhinolined his kimber yet?

2mpjuo0.jpg
33wt7ya.jpg
49hr4g2.jpg
heres my xj

I'll be adding sheetmetal quarter panel armer that will also repalce the taillights. Satin black is the color I'll be painting them. Nice and easy to touchup and the added strength can't hurt. The best part will be getting rid of the easily broken stock tailights.

Back