• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raffle XJ

Bob 94 XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any plans from NAC to do any wrenching on the raffle XJ?? If so, let me know as I would be interested in helping out any way I can. Thanks Bob

Nope.

Early on there were some rumors that NAC might do the wrenching, but the SE Chapter got the nod, and from what I understand the work is progressing well and almost completed.

However, if enough people were interested, our chapter might consider doing one ourselves. As a chapter we probably could not expect the pile of donated goodies that the 20th anniversary XJ is getting from NAXJA's sponsors, but if all our members canvassed the vendors we deal with plus looked in the corners of the garage for cast-off parts, it's just possible we could come up with enough to produce a decent vehicle. I'm sure we have plenty of talent to take on such a project,

NAC XJ Raffle

If the members of nac are interested I could get my hands on a XJ for a raffle if there is a raffle. I would also be willing to pull some contacts to make some good donations. I would also provide the shop time needed to complete all thw work.

That's a terrific offer, Joe, and we appreciate it. Once things get back to normal after the holidays, maybe we can figure a way, time and place to gather any interested parties together to discuss it.

A major concern I have is timing. I would not want anything our chapter does to interfere with or detract from the national's sweepstakes effort. Since their drawing will be held in October at Moab, we might think about this as a project for next winter, with the drawing to be held at next year's NACFest. It would be nice if we could do it at this year's NACFest, but I'm sure we wouldn't have time to prepare it by then -- aside from the issue of competing against our parent organization.

Any comments, pro or con?

Seems to me like an awfully big project for a small group. The problem isn't building it, it's the money and parts, and the sponsors will have already been hit up for parts. IMO, if we want to do sweepstakes, stick with smaller stuff. Lift kits, SYEs, maybe a set of built axles.

As for timing, we shouldn't even start thinking about it until after national has given out theirs.

Raffle

I have a question concerning the raffle what do we need one for and what would the money generated from the raffle be used for?

I dont have a problem with a raffle but just what exactly do we need the raffle for?

I am still willing to help but is a raffle somthing we need or is it something to get attention? Because I can think of better I deas to bring attention to our chapter.

I don't know, I see this as being a hard venture for our small group to undertake right now. We all have lots of old lift parts sitting around in our garages, but we would have to rely on donated parts entirely to build this XJ. I guess thats not unreasonable, but as Joe said, I believe we can come up with other ideas for our group for now to maintain interest. I would just simply like to get together more as a group, preferably on trail rides, but wrenching parties are cool too.

This being said, I think an NAC raffle XJ is a great idea, if someone would like to take on the task of gathering the (donated) parts/resources needed, maybe we can make this happen for spring/summer/fall 2004.

I, for one, am working on buying a house right now, and once settlement is made, I know that is going to suck up more of my time. But the fringe benefit to that is NAC BBQ AT ANDY'S over the summer!!!!!! The place has a pool too, and PLENTY of space to park lots of lifted XJ's.

Andy

Joe, I apologize for not answering any of your questions. Any money generated from a NAC raffle gets put into benefits for the club. It will go towards club rides, the BBQ, NAC T-shirts, other raffle items for future rides/BBQ's. It would be nice to put some money back into NAC so we may benefit in the future with some club perks that we presently don't have the resources for at this time.

Andy

No problem Andy I was just curious if the org really needed the money or the publicity or if the money was needed what would we use it for. I just have a curious intrest. If we need to hold a raffle we can raffle other things like a TV or computer or playstation. then everyone could go out and sell the tickets to people out side the club and almost double the ticket sales and the more people who are interested in the prize will purchase a ticket and the ones who don't show for the drawing well they are just giving us thier money. We do a raffle like that in the fire department and we can make quite a proffit. anywhere from $4k-$6k. Not bad for selling tickets. And you don't call or contact anyone except if they win the grand prize. Then all the like 20 other smaller prizes can only be won by people who show up or who are most likely going to be members at the event. Then just about no one you sell a raffle ticket to will even think of showing up because they are going to be to lazy to go. After hearing that you you are going to notify them if the won the grand prize.

Just a thought.

Back