• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock tow hook brackets threading??

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Alright First off I have been looking and lurking these forums for a bit I absolutely love the XJ community here on NAXJA and am happy to have one myself.

So doing some mild exploring on some trails and back roads and having fun in the snow i am always hesitant becuase of the lack of tow hooks and finally yesterday decided to take the plunge and go pick up some at the store.

So I went to the Tractor Supply Store and picked up some black tow hooks that came with nuts and bolts. (rated for 10,000 pounds)
czczfq5.jpg

The bolts supplied from the Tractor Supply Store were to big to fit in these holes..
zcxzxue6.jpg

Then on further inspection the stock tow hook brackets seemed to already been threaded??

zxczcku1.jpg

So im at a loss and dont know what to do?

Where can i get these bolts that will fit those holes and thread in there?

I want to use these everything lines up but the bolts size and threading ugh!

zcxcxtv9.jpg

thank you diesel i will be out looking for them tomarrow at those places

Does anyone who has or had the stock tow brackets used different tow hooks on it with different hooks or stock ones? any pics?

Back