• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Hitch (Hidden Hitch) Question

Seasalt

NAXJA Forum User
Apparently, I will need to remove the Rubber air deflector/fascia to install the front hitch. Will removing the rubber air deflector cause any problems down the road? It must be there for a reason. Also, is it pretty easy to remove it?

Thanks for the help!

I don't think the air deflector does much. Lots of folks remove it, and never look back. Pretty much any aftermarket bumper out there will require removing it, and folks don't have any problems.

As far as removal goes, it's just a matter of cutting those little plastic plugs that hold it in. The material is pretty soft, you could almost tear it by hand.

If you're unwilling to lose it, perhaps you could trim it away where the hitch & fascia collide?

:)

Seasalt said:
Apparently, I will need to remove the Rubber air deflector/fascia to install the front hitch. Will removing the rubber air deflector cause any problems down the road? It must be there for a reason. Also, is it pretty easy to remove it?

Thanks for the help!

We did not remove the fascia when we installed mine (though it may have to go when we trim the fenders). We carefully trimmed the plastic with a razor knife where needed--I think it came out nice!

Hidden_Hitch.jpg

I did the same as above on mine but have sence removed it when I trimed the fenders. Haven't had any problems with it gone. Most of these are on more for looks than anything.

But when its removed, doesnt that mess up the defraction rating when multiplied by the canooter resistance? This can really throw off your geometry for the rear sway bar. :passgas:

i have a draw-tite... tucks right up against the front bumper. I mounted mine back a inch or 2 farther (than where it is supposed to go). so it sets back a little bit.: I also got a little receiver skid plate insert:
HPIM7250.jpg

HPIM7246.jpg

HPIM7245.jpg

exellent pictures... I think I'm going to go ahead and order the Draw-Tite front mount hitch. I believe it sits higher up than the HiddenHitch.

Back