• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 limited specs?

2kLimited

NAXJA Forum User
I i am pretty new on the boards I just bought a 2000 xj limited today and I am wondering how to tell what options it has (trac loc-d44,etc?) It is all loaded up it seems but it does not have keyless entry to my knowledge. Maybe the dealer lost the key fob and it really does have keyless?

TIA for the help

Andrew

I have a '00 XJ Limited also, the D44's were made only between '87-89 only on some XJ's with the Tow Package. If you have ABS brakes then your rear is a D35, and your front is a Low Pinion D30. If you do not have ABS brakes then you may have the Chrysler 8.25 rear. You most likely do have the remote keyless entry, but are just missing the keyfobs. You probably have the Over Head Console with the trip computer. And if you have four wheel drive you either have the Command-Trac (NP231) or Selec-Trac (NP242). Selec-Trac has a "Full-Time" option.

What other options are you looking for info on?

All 2000 Limiteds WILL have keyless entry and the 242 Select-trac t-case if it's a 4x4.
It's also the only year that came with the chrome rear license plate brow to match the chrome grill up front. (wanna sell it?)
Standard also was leather seating with optional heaters. If you have the seat heaters, that also means you have the passenger power seat base to match the drivers side.

JEEPZZ said:
All 2000 Limiteds WILL have keyless entry and the 242 Select-trac t-case if it's a 4x4.
It's also the only year that came with the chrome rear license plate brow to match the chrome grill up front. (wanna sell it?)
Standard also was leather seating with optional heaters. If you have the seat heaters, that also means you have the passenger power seat base to match the drivers side.

I've seen limiteds with cloth seats.

I have a 2001 Limited that has cloth seats and no heaters, the 8.25 rear, high pinion D30, does not have the full time 4x4 option in the T-case, does not have a crome front grill or lip above the plate in the rear, and does not have the computer in the roof either. It is basically a sport with limited badging. And yes I did the vin search and the build sheet and it is correct. It started life as a rental but was wrecked at 4000 miles. I know the guy that rebuilt it and he put it back to the way it was when he got it.

camarors8992 said:

X2. A girl I go to school with has a 2K limited....cloth seats, NP231....no chromy stuff either. It does have the overhead console.

When I was looking for my XJ a couple years ago I came across numerous 2000 and 2001 XJ Limiteds that had almost no options. Such as the Limited Trim level only no leather, no Overhead Console, NP231 instead of NP242, donut instead of full-size spare, no chrome pieces, and even no tinted glass. I also came across several variations of NP242 and leather but no chrome, or just a power driver's seat, etc etc. I really doubt that all the Limiteds came decked out with every option. For example, my 2000 Ltd has the chrome package, D30/D35 w/ ABS, Overhead Console, Leather package w/o heated seats, Cruise, NP242, Full-Size Spare, Tinted rear glass, NO Tow Package, NO power passenger seat, NO heated seats.

I don't know why they didn't make certain options standard for the Limiteds like they do now. I mean you could've gotten the Limited just for the paint combination so you had no rubber at all on you XJ, but had a Sport interior.

The chrome package was certainly not a standard option on the Limited. I have seen far more without it than with.

I have an 01 Limited. Somewhere on Jeeps site you can email them your full vin and they will email you a list of options that came on your jeep.

I have seen limiteds with the 231 transfer case when I was looking for them. That caught me off guard because I also thought they all came with the 242.

As for seats I have seen them with cloth, leather with no heat, and leather heated.

I think the chrome trim and grill is an option even though most sites say it came on the limited models. I have seen way more limiteds without the chrome than with it, including mine.

I think truthfully you could get a limited with almost nothing on it if you really wanted to or you could get it loaded up with everything you wanted.

If you heated seat lights just blink, then they will not work. The LED's must stay on constantly. If the high LED light just blinks it means one thing and if just the low LED blinks it means another thing. I know that if the low blinks it means the sensor that tells how hot the seat gets is junk or the heating element is shot. I have this problem with one of mine. It sucks because you have to replace the whole leather seat cover since the heating element and sensor are stiched into the leather itself. Plus you have to figure out if it is the top, bottom or both covers are bad. I have heard that the price to get this fixed runs anywhere from $800+. I have also been trying to figure out a way around spending that much to fix it however I can't mess with mine until it warms up around here.

Hope this helps.

Don't take this personal, but you're all wrong. Go on to autotrader, look for only 2000 Cherokees, and use Limited as a keyword. If you can find me one with Chrome and Leather, that can be proven from the pictures. I'll paypal you $20. I'd include the 242 as well, but most don't take pictures well enough to prove that.

99XJSPORT06 said:
X2. A girl I go to school with has a 2K limited....cloth seats, NP231....no chromy stuff either. It does have the overhead console.

camarors8992 said:
Not in 2k. All 2k Limiteds came with leather. If you didn't want leather, you could have the dealer swap it out but the build sheet will show that it came with leather.

Last edited:
Semper Fi said:
I have a 2001 Limited that has cloth seats and no heaters, the 8.25 rear, high pinion D30, does not have the full time 4x4 option in the T-case, does not have a crome front grill or lip above the plate in the rear, and does not have the computer in the roof either. It is basically a sport with limited badging. And yes I did the vin search and the build sheet and it is correct. It started life as a rental but was wrecked at 4000 miles. I know the guy that rebuilt it and he put it back to the way it was when he got it.
2001 was the bastard year of the Limited. You could get one totally loaded or a stripped down version (so why was it a Limited??). It could come without power seats, without wood interior trim, etc.

Back