• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick antenna question

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
i'm thinking of either mounting it on the other side of the hood, opposite the stock antenna... or in the rear above the tailight. what length firestik d'yall run? i'm thinking a 3ft. is best for either locations.

I've got a three-footer, depends on if you have a rack, etc., you want the antenna atleast a little bit above all the crap on your roof so you get a decent plane. I have the hood mount opposite the stock antenna too -- not too bad with a SS firestik spring...

I have a RadioShack 4 foot fiberglass whip. It's mounted on the back of the rear bumper, behind the passenger side tail light. This is the only pic I can find that shows it: http://www.delawareja.com/gallery/data/827/498IMG_6748-med.JPG

It works just fine, but I'm a little worried that the mount is so rigid. The trees here in the NE are going to tear it off one of these days. I want to get either a spring-type base for it or replace it with a nice and flexy 102-incher.

I'm running a 4' Firestick on a homemade mount.

dsc001045qu.jpg

Back