• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dont flipout

XJAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
i need a pic of where the cruise control plugs in under the hood, or even an explanation of where the female end should be, yea this is serious, and if u dont like it than get the hell out

XJAnthony said:
i need a pic of where the cruise control plugs in under the hood, or even an explanation of where the female end should be, yea this is serious, and if u dont like it than get the hell out
what year?

confuse17.gif
Is this what your looking for?
parts003.jpg

parts001.jpg

BTW... this is a 99

XJAnthony said:
yea this is serious, and if u dont like it than get the hell out
Easy there fido. People usually won't flame you unless you ask the same question that has been asked millions of times before. Especially being the noob that you are you don't want to talk like that, you set a bad reputation for yourself. You might want to specify year also.

XJAnthony said:
o and just for the record, what makes you not a noob
My bad guy, I misread your date joined year (again a case of being tired I guess). I guess you're not a noob anymore, but I've been around here being a non-member long enough to know that even if you're tired, you definitely don't start a thread by being hostile. Now I actually may be able to contribute to your thread in a more helpful way too. Are you talking about where the cruise control comes down from the column or where it comes in from the engine bay?

My 89 should be similar to your's and I'm in the process of cleaning things up. You are aware that that big ol' can mounted at the pass. side top firewall is the servo unit, right? (its the one with the cable to the throttle body). There's a harness that comes from the dash, through the firewall that has a vacuum line, a multi-pin connector, and a single pin connector (looks sorta like an in-line fuse). The multi-pin connector plugs into the servo, the single pin connector plugs into the passenger side harness from the firewall. the vacuum line plugs into one of the ports on the servo (not in front of me now, so hard to remeber which one). Under the dash, coming from the column, there's what APPEARS to be a signle wire with an odd looking connector about the size of a Chicklett. It has approx. 5 contacts on it and plugs into the yellow cruise control box if I recall correctly (about to do that so I'm going by memory when I pulled th column a month ago).

Search for cruise control writeups.

Are you adding or fixing a cruise control?

Back