• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Suspension Lift and Parking Deck Clearence

Measure the clearance on the parking deck (garage?) you park in, measure the current height of your XJ at the highest point, and then do the math. That should give you the amount of lift + increased tire size you can go with and still clear.

I don't think I've ever seen a thread where someone's determining factor for how much to lift his rig was parking garage clearance.

Make sure you take into consideration any low hanging signs. All depends on the parking deck.

At 3.5" of lift and with a Surco rack on the roof, I just fit in parking structures listed as having 6' 6" clearance.

I hit a low hanging sign last summer with my spare tossed onto the roof. It was sweet, I finally felt like a real jeep guy. I almost spilled it on a soft trail and that was good too, but the sign was great :)

I have 4.5" and 33's and I have no problems getting in and out of parkades. My CB antenna hits, but nothing else. A roof rack will severly cut down on your clearance.

My bone stock 99 CTD 2500 4wd is taller than my XJ with a 6" lift. Add in the tall cap, and the CTD doesn't go in anything less than 7' 6" clearance.

I've never had a problem with my XJ in a parking deck.

With 6.5" springs and 33's its just over 6 feet tall, no issues fitting anywhere.

To give you an idea, I had an RE 3.5" and Yakima Basket on top and parking garages had to be at least 7'2" for me to be able to barely fit. Consequently, I got screwed my first year of college because I was assigned to park in the garage.

Back