• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adding some height

Dunlapx

NAXJA Forum User
So i have a 3" lift on my xj and when i first put it on, i didn't have time to put on the tc lowering bracket. when i started driving it i had some vibs at higher rpm's. so about a month later i put on the lowering bracket and everything went back to normal and i my vibs were gone. now i am looking at putting on a 1 1/2 spacer and shackle kit to get some more clearence over my 31's, but i am afraid i am going to get back my vibs. i need to get more clearece so either the body goes up or i drop to 30's(which i don't want to do). so any suggestions would be great.

Danny

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/fender_trimming.htm
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/Adjusting_Bumpstops.htm

Those are my suggestions. A budget boost is only a "budget" boost when used only as a budget boost. When a budget boost is added to another lift, then it should be called an expensive boost, because at 4.5" lift, you need longer shocks, brakelines, LCA's, UCA's, adjustable trackbar, and a SYE/CV shaft. 4.5" is not cheap, and if it is cheap, then it is dangerous and rides like arse. 4.5" is way over kill for 31's. if you are bumpstopped properly, you shouldn't have any issues with your 31's with 3" lift.

well that is awsome to know, thanks for that, i think i am going to probley start with the bumpstops becuse i am sort of scared to start cutting my fenders, while i am thinking about it if i trim my fenders do i need to worry about the cops giving me crap for my tires sticking out my body?

Dunlapx said:
do i need to worry about the cops giving me crap for my tires sticking out my body?
In Washington, I have no idea. Here in New York there's no law regarding tire coverage; just total width. The only way to know for sure is to read the section of your state's code regarding vehicle equipment.

Back