• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a good tire for triple duty?

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need a good off-road, DD, tire that I can tow my 3200# boat with. Right now I'm using some 30" BFG AT on Canyons for DD/Towing and some 30" Procrap MT on steelies for off-road.

I want to go 31" and run something that will serve triple duty. I'm sick of switching tires/wheels out and my 30's are weeny with this lift.

I thought about BFG MT or Trxus MT or maybe DC FCII. The more plies the better for towing, I don't care about ride or noise, only function/durability!

I forgot to mention its a 96' AW4 4.0 with 4.5" lift and 4.10 gears.

I wheel with 2 different people that have the Truxus MTs on their dual purpose vehicles and they love them. Many MT tires don't work well on wet or icy pavement, these do. One of them drove to the tire store on GY MTRs(90%) and was all over the place(middle of a winter storm), drove home on the Truxus and was VERY impressed with the difference.

Cann't comment on their towing ability though. Should be decent as they have a fairly beefy sidewall.

Back