• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Window Troubles

GrayT

NAXJA Forum User
When I first bought my XJ all my power windows worked from their own control (I.E. from the passenger control button)

Sometimes only I could control them through the master control buttons. If I pressed the "window lock" button repeatedly it would free up control on the passenger control buttons allowing everyone to control their own window.

Now, none of them work regardless of the window lock trick. I'm thinking that if I replace my master control it should free up the other windows.

What do you think?

So you can still operate them from the driver door but not any others? If so, then it's most likely the switch (as you've already discovered). If you need to lock the windows occasionally, then you'll need to replace the switch. If not, you can just jumper the switch and bypass it.

I didn't so much lock the switch, the switch still works to lock the windows (when I could actually test it's use when all the windows used to work) but what I did to get the passenger controls to work was to push it on-off-on-off until they were able to control them.

Guess I'll be replacing the switch.

Back