• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oddball engine problems...

AKswampheep

NAXJA Forum User
Well.. my engine has not had the best of a life before it got to me.

On with this, if i drive it for a while, say run it to operating temperature and then shut it off, then go back out and start it back up say 5 minutes later, it will sometimes run completely shitty, misfiring, stumbling, no power.

It also did this to me the other day while my front end was in a hidden snowy ditch and my T-case decided to take another shit - different story - after about 5 minutes of sitting there idling, running @ 210 temp, it starts stumbling, barely idling, will hardly rev up, then i get pulled out, and drive the shit out of it, and once i get over 3500 rpms it starts pulling out of its BS mode, then i let off and it goes back into it, but steadily pulls out of it and after about 2 minutes of harder than normal pedal action its running perfect.

Seems like it "loads up" or something.

Its got vacuum issues, but i dont think vacuum would be causing this bad of an issue.

time for a new fuel filter? new cat? new o2 sensor? new injectors?

check you fuel pressure, check your exhaust for visual or audible problems, listen to the fuel injectors to make sure they are all clicking.

FIX THE VACCUM ISSUES!

Back