• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accel Injectors

QHays

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if Accel 19# Injectors will work for OEM replacements on my 97 4L? I have a bad injector, the local shop is running a sale on these, and I can't even get OEM replacements until tuesday and they're twice as much (Canada). I need to put something in first thing tomorrow before a long road trip. Also just making sure that 19 pounds is the stock flow rate. Thanks in advance.

i installed some in an 89 with renix injection....... they seemed fine to me... and used 19#for my stock application 4.0

Do you see any complications running them on a Mopar injection system instead of the old Renix -- should be the same right -- fuel rail in the same place, etc.... Thanks thall

QHays said:
Just wondering if Accel 19# Injectors will work for OEM replacements on my 97 4L? I have a bad injector, the local shop is running a sale on these, and I can't even get OEM replacements until tuesday and they're twice as much (Canada). I need to put something in first thing tomorrow before a long road trip. Also just making sure that 19 pounds is the stock flow rate. Thanks in advance.

No - it's not the correct flow rate, it'll run too lean. A 97 4.0 specs 23.2lb/hr @ 49psi

Fuel Pressure as well as PSI need to be considered - more info is here:

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html

3XJ makes an excellent point, these are application specific... the higher pressure and the #/hr are quite a bit different than the renix application....

Back