• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEEDED - some 4-5" flexy rear springs and lift shackles

Jared

NAXJA Forum User
Just what the title says. I'm looking for some good quality rear lift leaf springs for an XJ. I'm also looking for some good quality 1.5" or so lift shackles.

Post up!

Maybe - I'm checking out a 1998 tomorrow. I've driven it, but I want to check it out a little more closely. I think I'm going to buy it.

I have the front half of a 6" RockReady lift for one just waiting to be bolted on. I just need some rear springs to match.

I'm curious... Why are you looking for new springs? I just had mine replaced with stiffer leaf springs because mine were too "mushy". Are you looking for some that will lift it?

I want mushy springs, but I want them to be mushy 4-5" lift springs. I will then add a longer shackle and have my about 6" of total lift.

I'm tired of the seat belt hanger bashing me in the side of the head whenever the rear end comes off a ledge unevenly. XJ's are FAR too stiff in the rear compared to the front.

Jared:patriot:

Mine's still on the rack but the mechanic told me it's going to be much stiffer. I'm curious to try it out, I was hoping it would improve the highway performance as well as lift it a little. It really didn't add much lift at all. With the new springs and new heavy-duty shackles I added 3/4 to 1 inch.

Back