• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi Lift Jack Mounting

OUG

NAXJA Forum User
I was just given my fathers old Hi Lift Jack. I don't have a roof rack. I am wondering if anyone has an good, interesting, or really handy location and or way of mounting their Hi Lift Jacks. Right now it's just sitting behind the back seat with the come-a-long.

OUG

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42573&highlight=hilift

I mounted mine similar to the pics above. Theres pics in the link above. I used the factory spare tire mount for the lower jack mount. For the upper mount I attached a piece of angle with a hole drilled thru it to the c pillar. A 2nd factory J bolt goes thru the hole in the angle to attach the jack. It looks and functions the same as the spare tire mount. I cut a hole in the c pillar trim piece for the angle to pass thru. In the pics the J bolt on the upper mount sticks out real far. I have since cut it off so it sits just inside the wingnut when tightened up.

Last edited:
Right on the front bumper. Took a drill, punched 2 holes, used a long bolt with wingnuts, drilled one bolt and dropped in a pad lock.

jeep1.jpg

I have the formattfab mount behind the seat. I like it because it keeps it out of the weather and the junk on the trail. Nice to have it inside the Jeep so people don't steal it, but probably just asking for someone to break my windows out instead. The only downside is getting to it with other stuff in the back, but it's usually not a problem.

1996cc said:
Mind telling us how you tied in the upper mount to the body???? Cool idea.

It's just wedged into the "oh sh*t" handle, tied down w/ the stock tire carrier/rod/thingy and it just clears the rear hatch. It doesn't move at all, it's free, stays clean and out of the way. BTW, it's a 48" hi-lift.

And thanks... but I stole it from somebody else.

DR

Back