• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

idler pulley in place of A.C. compressor part #

will this pulley fit a 2000 cherokee sport?????
When I went to napa they said it was for a grand cherokee(4.0) and was not listed for anything else.

isnt it the same motor?

Does anyone know?

Thanks
Adam

it only has 90k but the compressor is guna blow any second now and I just want to by-pass it for the time being

well I guess IM just going to order it anyway.

feel free to chime in if it will or wont work

thanks

that napa ac delete pulley is probably a dorman part

there's a part listed for a 91-95 cherokee

http://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-bin/vm91corp30r/item-dtl.w?sid=0x003d0d62&item=34171&icrid=&clt=hwrap1&vsrch_str=&vsrch_brand=all&vsrch_cat=Air%20Conditioning,A/C%20Bypass&st_amount=0&end_amount=999999999.99&start=10&vfrom=&prev=no&vnext=yes&category_list=1344:314:0[/url]

the serpentine routing is different on a 00, not sure if it will work

Last edited:
THE 4.0L ZJ (grand from 93-98) has the ac compressor in the same location as the 4.0L xj even in the year 2000 (xj). it is held down by four bolt accessed from top. if you have doubts if it will fit, while at napa get a ac compressor for an xj off the shelf and see if the bolt holes from the idler bracket line up.
it doesn't matter how the belt is routed. this bracket is simply standing in for the compressor.

thanks mike
So that is the part # he used

went there again yesterday and they said its for a v8 GC now. I would jus buy itl but they told me no returnes on special orders cuz they dont think it will work. Man Im sick of there ish. looks like im going back AGAIN and just ordering it

hope thats the part# he used........thanks guys

it is the same part #. i started that thread over at jeep forum. the pics of the install are not my pics but from the thread i started. he got the part number from the thread. also that bypass pulley will fit anythink with that compressor and bracket that holds the compressor. which was used on xj's zj's,yj's and tj's. it will also fit alot of other chyrsler family cars. mike

I'll have to go down there and see how much it is up here in the frosty North!

Cool find though, I thought I was going to have to hunt through the junkyard and hope to find one in good shape.

:)

I had the same problem two weeks ago with my 2001 xj and x99j answered my post with this same solution.THANK YOU!!! Napa said the same to me about it fitting the grand cherokee v8, but I ordered it anyway. My order has been lost, wrong # ordered and now UPS has my part and I'm waiting for them to show up @ Napa. The guy said if I'm lucky it will be Monday, or maybe Tuesday. In the mean time my compressor locked up and stranded me Friday. So if I can put my hands on this part I will tell you it went.

just picked this part up from Napa. NOT a direct bolt in part but I think I can make it fit. side to side the bolt holes are the same width, but front to rear they are way off. Also the pulley isn't lined up in the belt path like the compressor. Some hole drilling on the new bracket hopefully will put my jeep back on the road.

Hey guys, does anybody know where I can order this from Canada? Seem's like NAPA online does not cater to us canucks, and NAPA Canada does not offer an online store.

Phil:canada:

Back