• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken "ears" on quick connect

coreys

NAXJA Forum User
While replacing one of my transmission lines this weekend, I noticed the quick connect on the other transmission line was leaking. I tried to remove the quick connect and the "ears" broke off of it (It looks to be the original). Now I cannot get the line out to replace the quick connect. Any suggestions?

The dealer has replacement connectors and fittings to the best of my knowledge. get your wallet out.

I just replaced all of the QD's on my XJ this past week. Once the ears were gone, I had to Dremeled off the rest of the QD fittings and used hose clamps when I replaced the lines. ALL of the QD's on my transmission lines were leaking and I was told that you can only take them off a few times before they start to leak.

If you have any other lines with QD's, make sure you clean them out with engine/brake cleaner before you pinch the ears together.

Back