• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator plastic petcock leak

chopperdog

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98, after reading the post from my search I have decided that it is the plastic petcock that is leaking. Can I tighten it, if so How. I did try to tighten it somewhat but it appered as though the plastic was flexing, did not want to break it so i stopped. Or is it time for a new Rad? Mileage is 105 thou. Thanks for any help on the matter.

Take it all the way out and see if there is some trash in there.

If you are worried about breaking it, you can get a new one at any parts store for less than $5. That way, if you break it, you can replace it then and there.

And for the record, I really reef on mine and it has yet to break.

There is a "0" ring on the plastic petcock that will tear and cause a leak,which is probably what you have done.Time for new--
Wayne

It looks like the petcock is all part of the side of the rad.
How does it come apart from the rad to replace? Probably no way to do it without draining the rad either Im sure.

Thankyou guys for the help

I can get a new rad for $110 which is a good price I think. But I hate to replace it for a $5 part.

Back