• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upgrade question

jwalter04

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running 235/75/r15 on my 99xj 2-door with at 1.5" BB (spacers and shackle) I have a 8.25 rear end. My rear leaf springs are almost flat. It is also my daily driver. I was considering a 3.5" w/ full leaf pack and would like to go as large as I can for tires w/o having to slice up my fenders. (ie 31x 11.5?) What issues am I looking at? Any other suggestions?

dont forget that if you are looking at a 3.5 lift on your 97+, you are likely to need an SYE or you can maybe get buy with a transfercase drop. From what you will read on this forum, its pretty hit or miss as to how your exact xj will respond to the lift and any vibrations necessating the sye or tc drop. with a 3.5 kit you will also prob need a trac bar to center your front axle. look for front sway bar disconnects (or make some) and you'll prob wanna disconnect your rear sway bar while you are in there, if you haven't already.

Back