• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doors are sticky, what do u use to lub them?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
Do you use anything to lubricate your doors? I have tried a couple things but after about a month or two, the doors start to have that drag and sticky feeling.

I've sprayed white lithium grease and also used just basic motor oil and also WD40... sprayed on the door hinges and the 'bar' in the middle of the door that keeps your door f/opening too far (hope that makes sense). However, after about 2-3 months the door feels sticky and gets harder to open and close.

Is there anything else I can do? I know this is not too technical, but it's always nice to hear w/others have done to fix the little annoyances that Jeeps can provide.

i use white lithium grease. works great with no problems.
do you have any alignment problems? your hinges could be worn/ bad.

White lithium grease is the lube of choice for door hinges. Like the above poster said, I'd look for bent/worn hinges and catches.

Door-Eze!

I just did my passenger door--I started with a shot of PB to clean it out and then used Tri-flow. If you're not familiar with it ( I know many products seem to have regional distributions) Tri-flow is a light oil similar to 3in one, but it has PTFE in it, so it sticks around for a long time and doesn't seem to get gummy. I used to find it in the bike shops only, and now its in the hardware stores, too.

Spray silicone lube. Seems to work pretty well.

Back