• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 pinion flange adapter part number

RedHeep

NAXJA #1499
Called the dealership just to see how many arms and legs they wanted for the ujoint adapter for the pinion on the 8.8 and was pleasantly surprised.

$33.69

It does mean that you have to run the 1310-1330 ujoint for a stock driveshaft (autozone part number 1-0134bf), but I got it same day locally.

Ford part number E9TZ-4782-B
Ford calls it a "Yoke".

Just thought the info might help someone out.

You can also get the ones for a larger U-joint. If you need drive shaft work anyway you drive shaft shop will be familer with the flange and this would be a great time to upgrade that rear ujoint. My 8.8 bolted up without the need for drive shaft work. I bought an extra to mount on my spare drive shaft for a quick shaft change. My drive shaft guy warned of two sizes of flanges just so you know one size does not fit all.

Allways use spicer u-joints. They are so much stronger. Auto-zone (neapco) have humongouse holes drilled in them to allow for grease. This is why they snap. I allways specify non-greasable u-joints. When they hand you a spicer joint you can tell its better just by the weight. The seals are no comparison and the bearings don't ever seem to fall out when you are working with them. You will allso be guaranteed that they will press right in and not XXXX and spill the bearings. They cost twice as much but are 4 times better. They are harder to find so call around first. They are really worth the time to locate. Just paid 28 bucks for one in Denver.

My flat flange adapter takes a 1310. My DS came with 1310's and the flat flange adapter. I also have a spare FF adapter I picked up from the junk yard when I was running the 8.8 and the stock XJ DS. I might be able to get you a part number for the 1310 FF adapter if you would rather not go 1310/1330.Let me know if you are interested.

Hale

My 8.8 flange adapter came from a Ford Aerostar van with an 8.8. Was free at the local yard if I took it off. HTH

Kim

Back