• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yokohama Geolandar MT?

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into getting some beefier tires than the BFG ATs that I have on now. Has anyone used the Geolandar MT+. How did they do? I would like to see some pics if possible. Is there anyplace I could get them cheaper than the 120 on tirerack? Id like the 30 or 31 inch tire,

I run 31 10.50/15 on my 87 with a RE 3.5 lift. They're were great on the rocks aired down. Not too much noise on the street at 30psi. Summit racing has the exact one's that I have for $104.50. They call em Geolander MT directional tire P/n YOK-00150. sorry no pics... HTH

Last edited:
I just called summit. They siad ones I mentioned in my post are meant for left side if you want white letters out, right side if you want black letters out.Also they are out of the other side being that it is clearance item. The ones that I saw for $168.99 are for p/n 00138 & 00139 have a different load range. They are however a left and right due to them being directional. Did'nt mean to give any miss info on price.:dunno: I actually bought mine used from a freind when his dad retiered. That being said I still say they are great in rocks. Used em up at Fordyce and Barney Riley trails. I've heard they're awsome in mud.

I had a buddy who wheeled these years ago, he liked them fine for everything but really deep mud. They tended to gum up quicker than some other tread designs.

Is summit planning on getting anymore of the other side ones so I can have them both blackwalls out? They are a new tire replacing the older non+ mt so its hard to believe they are on clearance to get rid of them

The guy at Summit said that this was definitely a clearance item and told me I was basically S.O.L. if I didn't have the other side.This is for the $104.xx price The others for 168.99 don't have any pics attached to them, and he could'nt figure out any difference. So they may be a newer model? Like I stated earlier they do have a different load range. I got curious, so I went over to the Yoko web site it seems the MT+ are actually improved model, better sidewalls ect...HTH If you can get the newer model for $120.00 than I say go for it. I know my buddies dad paid about 130.00 apiece for the original one's. That was about 2+ years ago.

Back