• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant bottle location on 4cyl FI XJs

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was doing some digging around on eBay and something caught my eye. A 4 cylinder FI'd XJ popped up and I saw where the coolant bottle was.
WeirdCoolantBottleLocation.jpg

Is that a factory bottle on all the 4cyl XJs like that? If so I need to rob one to truly finish my XJs open radiator conversion. I've been running around with a bottle just floating around for the last year but it'd be awesome to have one right next to the radiator overflow. If anyone owns one or knows please inform me.
Thanks,
Collin

PhotographerMike said:
Interesting . .. .

My '96 has both the coolant and washer bottles mounted on the battery side. Coolant by the air conditioner compressor and the washer by the firewall.
Yeah 1992-1996 XJs are all that way. The problem is where you guys have coolant bottles at...I have a coil and a slew of wiring. I have the later style coolant bottle but it just sits in the back corner where my old one did. I've thought about getting an aftermarket one but I just really like the factory look. Does anyone else know if that is the actual factory bottle used on those?

Looks about right. I have an 89 parts heep & the bottle was in the back seat. From what I see in the pic. they look the same. JIM.

Yeah, the 2.5's coolant bottle is sandwiched between the inner fender and the airbox. Here's a better shot of one (on my 2.5 MJ), taken while I was replacing the timing set. Almost everything's out of the way, so you can see the whole thing.
HTH,
Jeff

17engine_bat_at_this_point.jpg

Jeff in VA said:
Yeah, the 2.5's coolant bottle is sandwiched between the inner fender and the airbox. Here's a better shot of one (on my 2.5 MJ), taken while I was replacing the timing set. Almost everything's out of the way, so you can see the whole thing.
HTH,
Jeff

17engine_bat_at_this_point.jpg
It sure does, thanks Jeff. That means that I can put it right there because the airboxes are the same on the FI'd 2.5 and 4.0 and obviously the floor of the engine bay was the same too. Schweeeet.

Back