• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oli pressue sender

guzzirider

NAXJA Forum User
My oli pressure gauge goes to max when I turn the key on and stays there after the engine is started.
Obviously the sender is fried
?? Where is the sendere on 2000 and is it a dealer only part

Thanks finallly thawing in Colo

No, it isn't an "only dealer part."

The sender will be above the oil filter......probably easier to remove the oil filter to access it.

Now in colder weather my oil pressure will so maxed (or beyond, sometimes even at the 3 O'clock position until warm)

Not that my oil pressure is that high, I just think the gauge is funky when cold......nothing to worry about.

But yes, if you want to change it, it should take 10 minutes max.

guzzirider said:
My oli pressure gauge goes to max when I turn the key on and stays there after the engine is started.
Obviously the sender is fried

Actually, this is also what will happen if the wire to the sender is disconnected.

rpyne said:
Actually, this is also what will happen if the wire to the sender is disconnected.

I was going to say that, check the plug on the sender and makesure the last oil change did not disconnect it..

My 2.5L TJ was acting funky, pulled the sender plug and cleaned it with a burnishing tool about 2 or 3 weeks ago, been fine ever since. The contacts on the sender were nice and clean, it was the plug part that was crudded up.

Most parts stores will have the unit, but check the dealer price too. My dealer wanted about $19, Advance and NAPA wanted $65! But I just cleaned the pins in the connector, that fixed it.

Back