• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

911!!!!EMERGENCY!!!!

white_elephant

NAXJA Forum User
How do i remove the front sway bar??? there is a nut that hold the sway bar and i cant remove it how do i remove it??

do i hammer the shit out of it??
or how??

well ontop its just a nut..simple. bottom is a little trickier. some people get lucky with a big hammer. but most (including me) have to resort to just drilling the thing out....TRUE PITA

Front sway bar?

If you really want to take it out, take it our with this
sawzall1.jpg

:clap:

Are you referring to the torx head bolt that's pressed (not threaded) into the bracket on the axle? If so, these can be removed with a pitman arm puller. I had good luck using a large socket over the head backed up with a sledge hammer and then hitting the other end of the bolt with a smaller hammer. They popped right out without bending the brackets.

All 3 of mine have come out with a light tap of a hammer.

invest in a seperator pickle fork. i have a narrow fork and i use it ALL the time. it worked great for removing my sway bar. you just stick it in there and hammer it in...it lets you work in a small space and not break anything.

granted, i wanted to avoid destroying mine since i was installing it in a different cherokee that i use just for parts, but it was really simple.

i have a pulley puller...and i wont come out...i hammer it ..wont come out....

so all i have left is drilling....if i heat it will it be easier to drill??

andrew2516 said:
It will come out with a pitman arm puller...trust me. I've worked on a few jeeps and I haven't seen one that didn't come out.

well this could be the first one...

my cherokee its weird...seriously..the stock steering stabalizer didnt come out with a pulley puller either i had to cut it and drill ...

Back