• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tracbar FINALLY went

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
well, after a year and a half, my rustys tracbar finally snapped today...
my question is, as i am going to be modifying it A BIT after i get my other jeep on the road, and i dont want to have to buy a whole new tracbar, how does the whole assembly work...

it broke right where the threaded section enters the trac bar, by that nut at the end. the broken bolt is flush with the nut at the end of the trac bar, so there is no hope of getting it out..

if i remove that bolt, would i just be able to replace the head part of it [the part with the threads on it] or would i need the whole damned thing..

tracbar.jpg

thanks guys..

you need a tierod end, no biggie, happens all the time, call up rustys get the part number and go to your local parts store

yea, i know that i only NEED the tracbar end, but im not sure if that bolt part would be the only thing i need to remove... i guess ill just call rustys tomorrow and ask about it..

Take off the nut, unscrew the broken part out, replace with new one and you're good to go.
My replacement part is a right side 95 TJ tierod end. Not sure if it is the same for you, Rusty's has changed the part a couple times, so calling him and checking would probably be best.

Back