• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does anyone know if this will work

cjovertj

NAXJA Forum User
my headpipe on my 97 is fawked so i looked all over for a aftermarket one that isn't crushed like the factory for pinion clearance but couldn't find one. went to napa and said that the part was still in development or something and wasn't available yet. but they did have a 00-01 part listed.

i was just wondering if the 00-01 would work on an earlier model because it would also be a little less restrictive because they don't have the crush because they have the LP dana 30

cjovertj said:
my headpipe on my 97 is fawked so i looked all over for a aftermarket one that isn't crushed like the factory for pinion clearance but couldn't find one. went to napa and said that the part was still in development or something and wasn't available yet. but they did have a 00-01 part listed.

i was just wondering if the 00-01 would work on an earlier model because it would also be a little less restrictive because they don't have the crush because they have the LP dana 30
No, it wouldn't work easily anyway. The 00-01 is a split manifold which means the downpipe has 2 inlets, it is COMPLETELY different.

RenixPower said:
No, it wouldn't work easily anyway. The 00-01 is a split manifold which means the downpipe has 2 inlets, it is COMPLETELY different.

alright, thanks i guess im still SOL

cjovertj said:
alright, thanks i guess im still SOL
Wish I could've been the bearer of good news but yeah I'd keep digging if I were you.

I have a 97 with the same lame crush. Let me know what you decide on for a head pipe. As of now it is the single most restrictive spot on my exhaust system, and im looking for an alternative.

How about taking it in to an exhaust shop and having them bend you a custom one?

As Fubar XJ said, just take it to a local shop and have them bend you one. I had my local exhaust guy bend me a downpipe to get rid of the crush, cost all of $50 and about 30 minutes of his time in the shop. I had him install new tube from the header/down pipe flange all the way to the cat, so now its all nice and not as restrictive.

Give a few shops a call and see what they'll charge you.

just wondering if this area really hurts the performance? i know it restricts it a little, but how much gain are you really going to get?

Back