• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swapping stock diffs

Tylerw

NAXJA Forum User
I was givin a set of stock diffs(d30/d35) from and 86 xj with a locker in the rear and gears done. Does any one know besides a vaccum disconnect front what are the differences between them and the ones that are in a 96 also a d30/d35. sorry still trying to learn about these things thats for any help

Ther rears are different b/c the 96 d35 is a c-clip axle and the 86 is the non-c-clip axle. They will still bolt in just the same though. You can get a seal kit that allows you to run a straight shaft in the vac disco and it is not to expensive. You can find that kit from Rusty's Offroad. It is like $30 or so I think. Having the straight shaft will keep you from having to mess with the vac stuff. You should be able to use the passenger side axle shaft from your 96 in conjunction w/ the seal kit and have the 86 model axle performing like the one out of your 96.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
You can get a seal kit that allows you to run a straight shaft in the vac disco and it is not to expensive. You can find that kit from Rusty's Offroad. It is like $30 or so I think.

Do you have a link to this?

Thanks!

Back