• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust manifold replacment/EGR

Well I need to replace the manifold, cracked or somtrhing. Anyways.. I know I can use a 1991 manifold, but there is no ERG tube connection. mine if messed up anyways, can I just simply in the process plug the vacume line at the solinoid and remove the EGR and plug it off, seeing as its a trail rig and no Air care in my area?I would think that would be the easiet way since it will be all apart at that time

I did search, in fact I sifted through posts for an hour, and found the post that you are reffering to but it does not specify how to remove and plug off the EGR. I am looking for info before I did into it, not just plug off the line and call it a day, so before you become ignorant and post search, perhaps you should check and see if searching has been done and read what was being asked ie. How to remove it, not plug it off

I HO intakes have a block-off plate where the egr should be. You might try a salvage yard for that plate and see if it works on the Renix. That way you wouldn't need the egr at all.

Jess said:
I HO intakes have a block-off plate where the egr should be. You might try a salvage yard for that plate and see if it works on the Renix. That way you wouldn't need the egr at all.
I'm gonna call BS on that one. The area that use to be the EGR is just replaced with the brake booster line and fuel line brackets.

Back