• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Springs & Lift

1985xjlaredo

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to put new HD springs front and back. I am also going to put the daystar 1 3/4" spacer in the front and the 1.5" lift shackles in the rear.
Question is, can I use stock replacement shocks? If not can I get by with Just adding BPE's in the front and rear?
i searched and I can't really find the exact awnser.
Oh all my stuff is coming from quadratec.

Ok so no one has ever done this? Come on

Dude, let a few people read the post first. You say HD springs? So are these lift springs? If you are not gaining any lift from the springs, then put a budget lift on top of the new springs, yeah, you could get some stock replacements and drive it on the street if you had to. Obviously not ideal, but it would work. You don't really gain any extension with BPE's, maybe a little, but it's minute. If cost is an issue, look on Ebay for for heckathorn or rough country shocks for an XJ with about 2" of lift. Cheap and easy.

Look at this, easy like a hooker.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-2001-Jeep-XJ-Cherokee-Replacement-Shocks-2-3-Lift_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ007QQitemZ170078508706QQrdZ1

Several brands available, but for $140 bucks you have the correct length shocks, maybe not a 100% desirable brand, but you get the idea.

dude itsa been up for days and 33 people have read it. Thx for the link though. And I have read on here that the HD quadratec springs will lift me about 2.5" then settle a little.

i have that combo in the rear...the shocks still work fine but any higher i'd change them out. you could go bpe's, or or get those 1.5" shock extensions from detours and not worry about it.

Back