• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Knuckles, Warn 5x4.5", need rotor

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
where can i get a full cast rotor that will work for my setup. I want to stay 5x4.5 so i can always turn it back to stock plus im only running36s on weak terrain.DD.

Currie 9, TJ outers, warn 5x4.5 kit, WJ 00 knuckles, early style teves calipers. Need a rotor with the right pattern and machined. I searched and found www.clemson4wheel.com

thanks

alright, is it a considerable amount of griding?
What year explorer, what drivetrain 2 or 4wd, front or back.

thanks

Last edited:
easy enough, one more question, what about the center hole on the rotor.
thanks frankz

Frank Z said:
I used Ford Explorer Sport-Trac rotors. They are 12" dia and you'll have to take approx. .030" to .060" off the hubs for the hat section to fit. I used a grinder with a coarse flapper while the heep was on jackstands with the front axle engaged and turning at about 10-15 mph.

Are you using warn hubs or unit bearings?

Frank Z said:
Unit bearings. No need for warn hubs since I'm using an OX locker.

I see where you're going. I don't know if there's an inteference issue with the Sport-Trac rotors and the Warn hubs. I should have made that clear in my last reply.
ah i see. I will still have to have the center machined i guess.
thanks

sport-trac rotors.
http://www.rockauto.com/
$50 to machine to warn specs.
Frank Z's writeup on pirate really helped me with my progress, (thanks Frank)
Thats how I knew he was talking about unit bearings
Shoot me a PM if you want more pictures.
jeep024.jpg
jeep023.jpg

thanks again for the replys

Frank i saw some of your writeups from googling. good stuff. so what did you end up doing about the .25" spacer pushing the rotor out a tad?

ah no big deal.

so you both are using the 01 front 4wd rotor for ford sport tracs correct? i also read that u have to use 2wd bc the 4wd rotor will not work??
TIA

your right, the 2wd's have a bunch of extra junk on them. i went down to the local auto and got the guy to pull a bunch of rotors from 5x5.5 to 4.5". looks like the sport trac is gonna be my best bet.i put my hub with my old rotor up to the spindle on my new WJ knuckle and it looks like it may rub slightly on the knuckle. did you have to grind any from the knuckle? (im not using dust shield)

Back