• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP 242 & SYE?

XJ Bob

NAXJA Forum User
I've been thinking of getting the RE 3.5 Superflex lift and have heard that they run taller than advertized.

I have a '92 XJ with the SelectTrac 242 TC and have heard that it's hard to find SYE for this unit. If thats the case and I have a problem with driveline vibration what are my options? Would shims and a double cardon drive shaft (A front driveline?) take care of the problem? Would rather not drop the TC if possible.

Thanks,

Bob

I have the 3.5" RE Superflex kit, and i'm just running an extended slip yoke, and 6* worth of shims, it's working great for me... The RE kit does sit a little higher than advertised at first.. But once you wear the springs a bit, it will sag.

I don't have any driveline vibrations to speak of.

I believe Tom Woods offers a shaft replacement SYE kit for the 242. That's likely the way I'll go when the time comes.

I got a #re1801 sye for $160 bones,ran a front shaft out of an auto, had to have a new driveshaft tube welded on cuz I have a d35:doh: , still needed 4 degree shims to smooth here out.

I just put the SYE and driveshaft in mine from Tom Woods. Everything went good with it.

They have a $400 core charge for the 242 compared to none for the 231. I think because the 242 is a little harder to find. I got the last 242 casing that they had but I am sending my core back this week or the next.

Back