• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

feelin the love for Auto Meter

1bolt

NAXJA Forum User
So my fuel pump has been whining louder than usual (this is on a Stroker with adj. regulator) and startup times seem to be climbing into the "damn that seemed like a lot more cranking than usual" range. And I find this Phantom series (which is what I need to go with my other AM gauges and White face mod OEM's) Fuel Pressure gauge in an Ebay store for 5 bucks plus 8 shipping, and fall all over myself hitting the buy it now. Not thinking that it may be electric (and thus need an expensive sender).

It arrives, (and the XJ is cranking a little more than the week past). And it turns out to be an Electric half sweep gauge, so I email Auto Meter about the gauge which is from 1999 and give them it's part number asking about what senders I need to buy that are compatible.

They respond within a couple hours, with a personal email and inform me that the 5707 gauge is a RECALLED gauge. That I should send it to them and they will ship me a brand new 5763 Full sweep, complete with sender. That's $173.99 cheapest I can find it.

As if this brilliant customer service isn't enough they CALL me and confirm my address and explain again why they are sending me a new one. before sending it UPS and emailing me a freakin tracking number!

Auto Meter rocks, never mind that the gauge was used, obviously didn't have a sender, binged up and from 1999. That's the best customer service I've ever experienced.

Jeepsloth said:
I think I may hate you now :)

hahahhah, consul yourself with the knowledge that I will soon be under my junk dropping my gas tank and forking out for new filter, pump and level sender assembly :) Not to mention dealing with a crudy metal tank.

Okay maybe it's time to look into a 25 gal plastic tank... I think I know what my next post is going to be...

Back