• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the MJ unfortunately has to go

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
ok so my dad says my MJ has to go cuz we have too many cars (2004 Jag, 2003 Ram 1500, 2003 MDX, 98 Jag which is also for sale, 97 XJ which is mine, and the 88 MJ) so here it is.
1988 Jeep Comance Eliminator
I6 5-spd 4x4
246,xxx miles
3 inch BDS suspension lift
15x8 black rock crawler wheels
31x10.50R15 BFG All-Terrains (i know its pictured with muds but im keeping those)
black aluminum diamond plate tool box

problems: ok so keep in mind the mileage and age of this truck and the fact that it has had quite a few owners. the real major problems that i see besides any cosmetic problems is i beleive it needs a new clutch, all wheathere seals need replacing due to age and dry rot and the interior dome ligths need replacing because the are old and just crumbled when i tried to change the bulbs.

good notes: there is almost zero rust on this truck and anyone who has seriously looked for these truck should have noticed that for some reason these truck rust like crazy especially around the wheel wells on the bed. this truck does not have this only rust is right on the edges of the driver front door and front fender where it looks like someone tried to fix a dent and sprayed some primer on it. and the other area of little rust it around where someone very poorly welded the driver door striker back on. the weld holds its just really sloppy.

2391102_6_full.jpg

i also have a cardomain.com account for it with more pics that u can go to
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2391102

It's not an Eliminator they did not have that package till 91.

There's a guy over on the ComancheClub in TN looking for a clean MJ. I'll pass your info on to him.

Good luck with the sale!

Jeff

holy crap, that thing still has factory red paint on it's underside.
Ohio sucks

Ben, I'm the guy from the Comanche list that's looking for a MJ. I called the number listed, but I only got a weird sound...Anyway, I like what I can see of your truck, although the "piece of s*#t" quote leaves me wondering about it. Does it have AC? I mean it probably doesn't work, but is it there? How about burning/leaking oil? I'm only a couple hours away and would like to come see it over the weekend...Let me know...

ok the POS comment is true in comparison to my 97 XJ. yes it does have A/C in it the compressor is there along all the other components from what i can see and im guessin with just a lil work it can be up and running. im away at college in Cochran, GA right now but i will be home this weekend because i want to go ahead and switch out the tires so if my Dad had to absolutely get rid of it b4 i could come home then id alread have the tires. well im not sure what number is on there because i havent really checked it in a while but my cell number is 770-364-2967 and i know it works because i used it just a few minutes ago

ok thanks for taking that into consideration because i would hate for me to miss your call because i was in class. but if you call me on a monday or a wednesday dont call between 11 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. cuz i ave class then. and if u call on a tuesday or a thursday dont call between 11 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. or between 1 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. but any time other than that please feel free to call me and i will tell u anything u want to know about this truck and give you as much history as i can. oh and this truck is very sentimental to me becuz it was my granddad's truck that i used to ride in when i was little and then he got rid of it becuz it was havin problems runnin and it was just sittin there at his shop and one of his workers asked if he could have it and so my granddad sold it. well my dad knew i had always remembered that truck and had always talked about how cool it would be to have one so he searched it out and gave it to me for my 19th b-day to work on since i was goin to an automotive school for college. so anyway i will be very picky about who i sell it to. if u or anyone else plans to chop this truck up im probably not going to sell it to you

I'll call you tonight, that way you'll be school free...As for chopping it up, nope, all I wanted to do was a 3 inch lift and a set of pricey stock Rubicon wheels. I've had 2 4X4 Cherokees with lifts and never even took them off road (please don't hold that against me!)...

i dont hold that against you i mean if u come and see it this weekend then u will see my cherokee and it looks like its ready to go off-road but i really dont do that anymore so i understand. but yah im glad i hope u take really good care of it cuz i would love to someday track it down and buy it back

hey i just remembered its my buddy's 21st b-day today and he is havin a huge party tonight so if you are going to try and call me tonight make sure it is before 7 to make sure im actually able to talk to you about it haha

Gotcha...I'm an X Navy man AND I went to college, so I can relate. I took a class called Drugs and Human Behavior once and we took a field trip to a rehab facility. They asked who would volunteer to take a pee test, so I raised my hand, peed in a cup and at the end of the tour they said I tested positive for marijuana. The instuctor asked me when I last smoked pot, I told him "On the way over here" It got a pretty big laugh...:greensmok

that is the funniest and coolest story i have ever heard lol well it was good talkin to you to day hopefully you will definately be able to make it out this saturday

Well, not to dwell on my past indescretions, but when I was on that submarine (USS Los Angeles SSN 688) back in the 70's, there was a big to do about drug use on it. They kicked 33 sailors off and it started a Congressional investigation that was headed by Ted Kennedy. It was all over the national news and Walter Cronkite read the story on the 6:00 news and my mom called me to ask if I was one of them and of course I was. How's that for cool? Walter Cronkite telling your mom you're a stoner! :laugh3:

Back