• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cutting Rear Quarter Panel

swbooking

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got a link to a write up of how to chop or fold the rear quarters? I only found one and none of the pics work on it. Thanks
-Allen

Starboard M said:
A comp cut is different then cutting and folding the rear quarters.
Heres a link for folding the quarters. Pics are on the last page.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29750&highlight=Quarter+panel+fold

That’s the method I followed when I did mine. The Passenger side was fairly easy, the driver side took a little more work because of the fuel neck, but nothing to bad. I think I had the whole project done in about 2 hours. It made a huge difference however as I was constantly hitting them on things when I came off of large rocks, with out then there I wasn’t hitting them anymore. :)

Read the entire thread..... People sure don't read entirely anylonger. FitchVA reposted all the pictures on the third page of the thread.

Thanks for all the info guys. I appreciate it.
-Allen

53guy said:
Read the entire thread..... People sure don't read entirely anylonger. FitchVA reposted all the pictures on the third page of the thread.
and i would highly suggest saving the pictures to anyone that thinks they need them in the future cause i'm switching domains soon. so those links will die by month's end

Cut the out side and leave the inside metal. Cut a block of wood from a 2X6 ti fill the void inside the rig and use short deck scews. Then fold the metal left from the inside up and spray it all with undercoat. I also used some spray foam on the inside to ensure a good seal. Beat the meatal on the very back of the jeep up to clean up the look. I just did mine and it went well and was a pretty easy prodject that should be standard on any built XJ.

53guy said:
actualy ive read that thread many time thank you . the pic are on the last page .all i saw last night were whight boxes with red x 's.

Back