• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SlickRock Gear Front Fenders are almost here

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't really say anything about material/thickness/weight, quite curious about some average data if possible.

So sorry..

Panels are made of 3/16" plate steel, molded to the body lines, flares are also 3/16" plate.

THe rears weigh in at about 70 lbs for a pair, the front will probably be around 50 lbs for a set.

when are they going to be finalized? they look damn amazing and i will definitely be buying some to match my rear ones. you guys make an amazing product!!!
alex

question, how come it doesnt extend down that last little bit of the fender?

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about. Could you be a little more specific?

when are the shackle mounts coming out?

We're going to try them ourselves in Morris Mountain at the end of May. If we're happy with how they worked, we'll put them out.

Why no 2 door quarters?
Because we don't have a 2 door to cut up and we don't know anyone with a cut 2 door. But we're ARE trying to get something figured out.

Panels are ready and will begin shipping next week. If you've been visiting our website, refresh the products page so all of the products display.

I was referring to this spot here

slickrock.jpg

WheelinJR said:
I was referring to this spot here

slickrock.jpg

The panels pictured are hand cut prototypes. I left them short on mine because i'm going to rebuild my rockers from front to rear. The actual front fenders will extend to the bottom of the fender.

We're going to try them ourselves in Morris Mountain at the end of May. If we're happy with how they worked, we'll put them out.

-how much do you think they would run..and is there anyway we could test them out earlier? :)

*xj-man* said:

-how much do you think they would run..and is there anyway we could test them out earlier? :)

I have been running them on my XJ for awhile now. I was concerned that they would cause adverse handling and I was kind of right. As of yet they have caused NO wheel hop. Flex is much improved. The down side is driving on the road. They allow so much flex that body lean is a big concern. Now my Jeep is spooled in the rear, no swaybars and around 8" of lift so others may not have the same issues. I have also not had them in the rocks to beat the *&#@ out of them. Therefore I'm holding off on selling them just yet.
If and when they are released they should be around $70.00 for a set. :dunno:

Are you guys willing to sell variations/parts of the product? I don't really want to put the full plate on there, but I would love a set of the flare portion only in raw metal so I could graft them onto a set of stock fenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back