• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injectors?

Chero-King

NAXJA Forum User
I just put my engine back in last night after replacing seals, gaskets, rings,crank bearrings, etc. and I got it to start today but it's not running right, the idle goes up and down, almost stalls, then actually stalls. I'm pretty sure it's a bad injector as its putting out some black and blue smoke .
It's done this before and it was fine after replacing a couple injectors but I'm not a 100% sure its the same thing this time. Any other ideas?
Oh, its and its an 4L '88

Chero-King said:
I just put my engine back in last night after replacing seals, gaskets, rings,crank bearrings, etc. and I got it to start today but it's not running right, the idle goes up and down, almost stalls, then actually stalls. I'm pretty sure it's a bad injector as its putting out some black and blue smoke .
It's done this before and it was fine after replacing a couple injectors but I'm not a 100% sure its the same thing this time. Any other ideas?
Oh, its and its an 4L '88

Do you have a manual? I would go through and check your recheck connections. Usually black smoke is from too much fuel, blue is oil, and white is coolant/water.

No, its an auto. I've rechecked all my connections a few times and everything seems to be in order, although I think a couple of my vaccum are wrong but I dont think thats the problem. I'm probably going to change a couple injectors tomorow but I'd still like some input.

I think he meant a shop manual, not a manual trans.

Map sensor or EGR not hooked up will do exactly what yours is doing. Renix motors once again, all sensors have to be in the game, check MAP make sure connection is good and vacumn line not cracked, next check EGR valve, (under the intake drivers side) make sure the rod goes up and down and vacumn line is good. Good Luck

map sensor is on the firewall, it has a vaccuum hose on the bottom of it and hooked to the intake.

Figured it out.
It was the MAP sensor, I lost the line going from it to the throttle body so I just took one off a parts jeep, hooked it up and runs like new.
thanks for the help guys.

Back