• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ordering some black steelies tonight...

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have my lift and tires (33x12.50x15) and im gonna go ahead and order my rims tonight. My questions is... will 15x8 rims with 4" backspacing rub on my control arms? I know its not a big deal but it will just bug me knowing its rubbing. I want the most backspacing possible w/o rub. The CA's are from RE. Thanks

Because that extra quarter of an inch of backspacing is going to make a huge difference at full lock? ;)

4.5" with 33's don't rub for most people.. but it depends what lower control arms you have and what kind of tires as well.

I run 4.5" backspacing with 35x12.5 MT/R's and RE arms. My axle is off center by about a quarter of an inch, i rub turning left and not turning right. You should probably be ok with 4" of backspacing at 33's.

I run 12.5/33s on 8" rims w/4" backspace.....the tires will rub the LCA's when backing up and turning sharp...not a big deal....

As has been stated before, that depends on your tires. Most tires you will be fine with 4.5" backspacing, some tires I'm sure will rub with 3.75" backspacing.

Ok so some 33x12.50 tires will rub at 4" backspacing and some will not? Forgive me for all my novice questions but its my first time doing any of this and want to make the right choice.

Not all 33" tires are 33" tall, some are 32, some are 34, and lots are in between.

Not all 12.5" wide tires are 12.5" wide either.

For example, super swampers have giant lugs on the side of the tread that stick out far beyond that and will catch your control arms, where as say, BFG tires tend to run small and narrow, so do MT/R's.

i have 33x12.5x15 BFG AT's and a 4 in backspace and there is no rub

I just ordereed them tonight actually, I got the 15x8's with 4" backspacing for a little less then 240 wit the centercaps pretty excited about the 2 day ship time. Now all i need to do is trim up my fenders and get my lift on... thanks everybody!

why didnt you get 3.75??? thats what im running and i dont rub....just on the fender...rear part of the fender which will help when i lift the 1.5 inch...

$240???? Did they give you any lube with that? I recently bought 4 black steelies from www.summitracing.com shipped to my door for $158. Granted there were no center caps, but those are only 5 bucks a peice. I'm hoping you ordered 5 wheels, and not 4 for that price.

white_elephant said:
why didnt you get 3.75??? thats what im running and i dont rub....just on the fender...rear part of the fender which will help when i lift the 1.5 inch...

People with 4" and 4.5" don't rub either, so why bother with 4.5? 4" centers the wheel exactly.

Back