• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E350 swap question

fluidmotion

NAXJA Forum User
so im swapping on an E350 MC to my '92 XJ and ive been reading up all over the place with the swap and i got my parts and everything. the part that i cant seem to find anything about is for the proportioning valve. im running 44/60 disk/drum set up. should i just use my proportioning valve i have or get a different one? if i use the one i have, should i remove the O-ring on it? or should i just do away with the proportioning valve all together?

I used my stock proportioning valve when I did you 60/14 bolt swap (89 xj). I pulled the o-ring when i did the rear disk brake swap latter on.

another question, since i have all the anti lock brake crap, its a little hard to tell which ends go to what on my proportioning valve, any easy way to figure out which one goes to which?

hey jmop, you get that yoke swapped already?

I had to trace the brake lines back to figure out what went where. I'd guess but I'd probably be wrong.

I was hoping my locker would be in this week before I started into the front end. I'm actually working on paint today. I'll probably pull the yoke off tomorow right before I start tearing the axle apart.

yeah i tried tracing my lines back but since i have the extra anti lock crap its hard to figure out what goes where. oh well, i guess ill figure it out some how since no one else is wanting to chime in

jmop - dont think im trying to rush you for that yoke, i still dont have any of my steering parts here yet. and i need to get my drivelines both shortened still too

Oh, don't worry, you ain't pushing me none. But If you hadn't mentioned it I'd have probably forgot to take the yoke off.

Out of curiosity what is this going in?

Back