• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Acos just Arrived

depending on the year, you might need to cut your factory posts. with a di-grinder cut-off wheel it makes it pretty easy. i found spring compressors extremely useful when i did mine last year. rented mine at shucks , they were listed as strut compressors. good luck the instructions are very easy to follow.

You will have to drop your axel way down to get your spring in. watch your break line when you do this and if it wont go you may be maxed out on the controll arm droop. Don,t use a bottle jack to hard to spead it or you may bend or dent your arms. The cutting and tapping of the bump stops was easier than I thought it would be. After the spring is in but not compressed is the time to get your adjustment height close to what you want. They are harder to adjust when the spring has all the tension on it.
I use a Ridgid strap wrench to spin the collers for adjustment when the tension is on so set it while it is loose.

Sweet thanks for the tips. I will also be trying to install the rk long arms. I just had a freind weld up the brackets tonight....I will post some pics of it when it is done...

Back