• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts missing from this Lock Right locker?

ratherbcamping

NAXJA Forum User
This is a picture of a Lock Right model 2310-LR locker. It's for a non c-clip Dana 35 I was told. To me, it looks like the spacers are missing. Has anyone installed one in a non c-clip axle? I got to thinking maybe the spacers aren't needed in the older d-35s.

This was sold to me as a complete set, but I'm not sure it is....

P2010001.jpg

That's how my D30 looked (except I didn't get a new diff pin with mine?). Two spacers to engage the axles, two more around the diff pin, and 4 pins + springs to hold them all together.

i just pulled one out of a 1990 (c-clip) d35 and it had the little spacer peices that aren't with yours... idk about that, but im sure the people at lock-right do.

Oizarod115 said:
i just pulled one out of a 1990 (c-clip) d35 and it had the little spacer peices that aren't with yours... idk about that, but im sure the people at lock-right do.
I found this picture on Ebay. It's the same model number as mine and the spacers are there. Guess I need to contact Lock Right and see if I can buy them.

c6a7_1.jpg

I have a 2310 sitting next to me in the box. It has a sheet describing the spacers and washers which are in the box. I installed another 2310 a few years ago that only had the spacers and no extra washers and the splined pieces looked identical to your picture. The one I have next to me know, looks a little different in that the splined pieces don't have the raised section where the washers go. So it seems the design has changed a little bit over time.

Gravel Maker said:
Those are the thrust washers, I have always used them but believe they will work without (from a reliable source).......

Dan Fredrickson
Ruffstuff Specialties

Not using the thrust washers will void the warranty per my Powertrax documentation.

Most reuse the thrust washer from the existing side gears. Thrust washers are generally not provided with the locker.

Gravel Maker said:
Those are the thrust washers, I have always used them but believe they will work without (from a reliable source).......

No, the thrust washers are in the stock carrier between the spiders and carrier, and yes, re-use them.

The parts that appear to be missing are the spacers that go inside the locker and keep the locker aligned so the pins don't see too much force. They are needed or it will bind up and fall apart.

We just replaced a lock right with an aussie (lock right had issues, binded up and broke the pins. This was for a D30, and it had 8 pieces, not including the springs and pins. I am not positive it would be the same for the 35 though.

TRAILREADYXJ said:
The parts that appear to be missing are the spacers that go inside the locker and keep the locker aligned so the pins don't see too much force. They are needed or it will bind up and fall apart.

I think you are right. Everything I can find searching and the instructions show the spacers. I don't think installing it without them would be a good idea.

The sad thing is I'm never going to use this locker anyway. I bought a Dana 44 out of an 87 XJ a few weeks ago. I just don't want to sell someone else an incomplete locker.

Back