• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Ubolts work on a 8.25?

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
i got a set of brand new rancho ubolts PN RS713 that mesure 2 7/8,there for a older Cj D44 they fit really tight to my 8.25 and its a real chore gettin them into the spring plates, is it a good idea to use these ot should i just get 3" ubolts?

You would way better off getting a set of 3" u-bolts, or I went to my local 4x4 shop, install department and the guy gave me a good set of Stock Ford Ranger rear u-bolts, from the 8.8 ford axle. Which are nice because they are flat where they wrap around the axle tube. They fit the 8.25 like a glove, I have be running them for 3 years now and they have worked out great!

They will work fine. You may have to tweek them a little by hand but they will wok. Im using a set a ubolts on my XJ 8.25 right now that were bent for an XJ D44. No problem getting them to fit at all.

Back