• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guys with d44/d60 fronts, what steering...

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am looking to go hp d44 in the future (just a matter of my house selling, lol) and I am wanting to go all out on it with chromo everything and hysteer, blah blah blah. I was wondering what people are doing for their power steering? Its my DD and I really just want to use a normal box, but is hydro asst needed? I'll be running 35s and the axle is gonna be fullwidth.

Would upgrading to say a 99 Durango box be good enough?

I run a PSC TJ ram system. Pump, Box, remote res, and ram.
Also used Parts Mike parts for inverted t high steer with 1 ton tre's. (TRE's drag link and tie rod)

Though not a DD (Actually a trailer queen) it was still on the road for about 6 months after the ram install. Made steering very nice. With a ram, you will never feel bump steer again. Although doing histeer correctly should also mean no bump steer. but the ram is the ultimate steering dampener.

Thanks guys, yeah I am going inverted T forsure(what I run on the d30) and going with Parts Mikes knuckles and arms.

I was reading up on hydro brakes and noticed they recomend a power steering pump upgrade. You may get buy with just a stronger pump. Red neck ram has some tips to modify older pumps and it worked like a champ on my cj with 36 TSL SX. I would be afraid that too much power steering force may rip stuff out of the unibody. Not an expert on XJ's yet but somthing for you to consider. Check out the break companies recomendations for pumps either way because the ram may need more pump than you have and you can try just the pump first.

Back