• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case drop

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Lets say you only put a 2" lift on your jeep, but you get vibes...Would a 1/2" t-case drop rather than a full 1" drop make a difference?

I had 2" of lift on my 96 and used 1/2" t-case drop. The 1/2" drop did help to fine tune the angles and get rid of the very slight vibes I was getting. I made it by welding two 1/4" steel bars together and drilling two holes in them for each side. My 1/2" t-case drop is coming off today. If you are interested, let me know.

you can try using just washers. try 1/2 inch worth if that doesnt work increase to 1 inch . just to see where it falls. its easier then shiming

I have a 6" lift and no TC drop and have had no problem.
50DSCN1562-med.JPG

all XJ's were not made equal...

and 97+ models are much worse than older ones.
some actually have "stock" t-case drops for vibes stock.

6" and no SYE is pushing it on even a 96- model though it works for some.

so if you get em, fix em, if you dont... then dont worry about it.

Tugboat369 said:
I have a 6" lift and no TC drop and have had no problem.
50DSCN1562-med.JPG

And how is your random luck pertinent to the thread?

Yes, a 1/2" tcase drop will fix it.

Although 2" is a lil' low for vibes, I'd search for other sources, as mentioned above, start with ujoints.

Are you positive it's a driveline vibe? and not possibly a tire balance/tie-rod/steering stabilizer/ball joint type issue?

Back