• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax locker...... anygood?????

jeepmedicNB

NAXJA Forum User
Hello there folks... I have recently just odered a Power trax no slip locker for my rear end and front end of my 97 xj.... I ma really excited to get the lockers in and see how much difference I notice compared to stock...

Does anyone have the powertrax lockers in their rig? are they anygood?
thanks for your opinion
Keep on rockin er!:wierd:

jeepmedicNB said:
Does anyone have the powertrax lockers in their rig? are they anygood?

Keep on rockin er!:wierd:

I run one in a rear D44 with alloy axles and 35x12.5 MTR's. Always locks up good, seldom pops, and I've never have had a problem with it. For a lunch box locker I don't think you can beat it.

Bones :skull1:

Just make sure you have the paddles in the correct spot on the spacers when you install. Mine was awesome until the shop that did my ring and pinion installed it wrong. I did Potato Salad and Hell's Gate with an open front and no-slip rear. Really the best locker for a daily driver, IMHO.

had mine in rear axle for 6-7 years, and the front for 2 years. just broke a tooth off of the syncro gear in the back axle. it's had some hard use, and you could say abuse at times. smallest tooth broke of course, and i'm sure it was my fault, plus age that caused it( i hit the gas way too hard a couple times for sure) not sure how that compares to other drop in lockers, but it's one example. if you don't have a roll pin in the carrier for the cross pin like i do, then they are super easy to install for sure.

XJumpmaster said:
Just make sure you have the paddles in the correct spot on the spacers when you install. Mine was awesome until the shop that did my ring and pinion installed it wrong. I did Potato Salad and Hell's Gate with an open front and no-slip rear. Really the best locker for a daily driver, IMHO.

Same thing happened to me... luckily the shop fessed up to it and fixed it....

And I love my No-Slips.

seems like all the initial install problems with this locker is the "paddle" breaking. seems obvious to me how it goes together. if you get it wrong, the teeth don't mesh together at all correctly.

ok...so the powertrax no slip is a locker??? but then whats the the no slip name for???

lsd+lock=powertrax no slip??

im really lost i have ask everywhere but i cant get the answer i want...

ok comparing this to a detroir locker..whats the difference???

I have one in my '91 for about 3 yrs now and I love it. It's my daily driver and it hardly ever pops. It's kind of fun in the snow though.

white_elephant said:
ok...so the powertrax no slip is a locker??? but then whats the the no slip name for???

The powertrax No-Slip is a true "locker". Its just more road frendly by ratcheting around turns (under no load). But it is a true locker when under load its always locked up..

...atually it doesn't "ratchet" around turns at all, unless you mean silent ratcheting.
i have them in the 30 and 8.25 and love them both.

white_elephant said:

The difference is that the Detroit is a full carrier locker.... which is a stronger unit.
The Powertrax is a "lunch box" locker..... it replaces only the spiders & carrier internals and uses the O.E./stock carrier.
The Detroit is considerably stronger, but the Powertrax is probably the next best "auto locker" choice it's a little more
transparent compared to the other auto lockers.
L.S. units slip.... have clutches that wear.... my thought is if your cracking the cover..... put in something that works every time.
Also Detroit use boxes (at least they use to) that say Detroit/ No Spin... maybe Powertrax is playing on that with their "no slip" ???
I run the Powertrax in my 8.25 with 4.56s & I'm happy with it.

Curt

Back