• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problems starting lately

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
The last few weeks I have had trouble starting my 97 4.0 cherokee up. first I had the starter fuse go bad, good thing it was in the napa parking lot. so I bought some extras, and sure enough the next week the same fuse went bad again. and then today, the battery went dead for no reason, (brand new optima yellow top) I didn't leave any lights on, and im pretty sure all the doors were closed all the way, so I don't know what drained it. Any one have any similar problems? or maybe an idea of anything thats going wrong.

Please convince me to keep this thing, because Ive been dumping so much money into new parts, that Im just considering getting a grand cherokee, that is more daily drivable.

I used to have the same problems with mine when I first bought it (used). Went through lots of fuses, several batteries and several sets of cables before I finally bought the heavy duty battery cables from Jeepers Creepers and haven't had any electrical problems since. Ok, except for the starter motor.

Now, don't think a grand cherokee isn't going to give you any more troubles with wanting parts. Jeeps LOVE parts! If you don't feed them parts on a regular basis, they will rebel. ;)

cool, I'll check that out tommorrow, I know a grand won't solve my problems, but I just want to get something with less miles, and less lift. I'm not totally ruling a newer cherokee out either.

Back