• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skids

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
I searched the site and couldnt find anything about the rustys rear quarter skids. Has anyone used them. Id like to see some pics of how they are mounted with rivets if anyone has them as well. :roll:

PM Scott (TooeleCherokee) on this board. He has some. I don't have pics, but he may. I've seen them though and they look stupid simple to install. I personally am not a fan of them. I'd rather do the bend modification and wrap a rear bumper under there for protection.

Besides, they are kind of pricey for what they actually are. You could easily make a template out of some poster board and cut out your own for lots less $$. But then again, I'm a tightwad.

If they're the ones that mount to the lower rear quarter panel, I think you'd be better off with the Gila Guards from Marty @ Rock Lizard Fabrications, if you're wanting armor for there. I've had a set of these on my XJ for just over 2 years now and they're nice. http://jeepin.com/features/gilaguards/

buy my panels from slickrockgear.com! haha i have a set that i dont need just wanted to throw it out there... i have seen them in person and i was not too impressed... you could easily make your own for way cheaper if you have access to a brake or use some high density plastic like they use on buggies and stuff and rivet them on there... not as strong as steel but lighter and cheaper...anyways if you have the dough look at crok or thor's gaurds (or mine!)

Back