• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

olympic top hat rack

Very Happy with mine, and consider it well worth the money. I've used it SEVERAL times to keep trees off of the roof rail. It's almost like a roof skid of sorts.
DSCF1472.jpg
IXNAYXJ followed me on a trip and boogered his roof rails up pretty well while mine were unscathed due to the siderails. I even had the chance to use it as a recovery point.
DSCF1489.jpg

Overall quality is good, but rust seems to be a problem. I'm constantly retouching rust spots that show up at the seams. If you do get one though, I'd suggest drenching the inside of the rails with WD-40 or something, then sealing the seams with silicone sealant.

John

P.S.
The instructions SUCK! I eventually ended up taking off the basket and just using the lower skids and floor.

Last edited:
I've had my Olympic rack on my 98XJ for about two years. The side bars do provide a level of protection for the roof rail. It's priced right and overall quality is good, although, rust does remain an issue. Nothing a little rattle can can't handle.

Back